WESTFIELD COMMUNITY SCHOOL & START WELL FAMILY CENTRE
Westfield strives to offer a beacon of HOPE for the community. It is a place where everyone is valued and respected and provides a calm environment in which children, parents and staff have high expectations to achieve their best.
H – HIGH EXPECTATIONS
- To recognise parents as first educators and develop initiatives to support their needs and ambitions.
- Parents and school to work in partnership to promote the importance of regular attendance and punctuality.
- To promote outstanding behaviour.
- To encourage parents, pupils and staff to have high expectations of themselves and others in the school community.
O – OWNERSHIP AND OPPORTUNITIES
- To provide opportunities for all members of the community to have their voice heard.
- To inspire all members of the school community to have high aspirations and through learning, to achieve their full potential.
- To promote high standards and opportunities for learning that recognise the different learning needs of pupils through the offer of a wide-ranging, relevant curriculum.
- To provide relevant pathways for parents and staff to further their own learning and expertise.
P – PROGRESS
- Provide a happy, caring learning environment where children and staff feel safe, secure, stimulated and valued, in order for them to reach their full potential.
- To ensure a robust system of monitoring pupil progress, involving pupils and staff, to give timely support.
- To share ‘best practice’ in teaching and learning.
- To offer academic and pastoral support so that every pupil can progress through their ‘learning journey’
E – ENJOYMENT
- To provide an adventurous, fun and challenging learning experience.